About the Position:
Initially, this Pastor will be responsible for:
Vision & Implementation
- Dream and cast vision for the programmatic/ministry efforts that will build a vibrant and impactful middle and high school ministry.
- With an entrepreneurial spirit, drive to find ways of creating bold and audacious plans of reaching students in the Tahoe area.
- At the end of the day, it’s all about execution! And no one person can do it on their own. Be a champion of charting the course, releasing volunteers/leaders, and executing the plan.
- Work to establish healthy, engaged, and productive youth leaders.
- Encourage and embody a collaborative, team-based approach to decision making and ministry pursuits with leaders and parents. This position will work with our resident leaders from our Tahoe Resident Leadership Program, training them as future youth leaders as well.
- Create, model and protect a ministry culture that honors and represents our guiding principles/core values.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of shepherding spiritual growth and well-being of youth leaders, students, and their families.
- Highly engaged with local middle and high school community outside the church.
Outdoor Campus Programming
- Provide leadership and vision for establishing youth camp programming on the 52 acre church campus.
- Help plan/coordinate other campus programming and events for purposes such as retreats, adult ministries, kid’s ministries, recreational activities, community activities, etc.
- Schedule guest groups to participate in onsite programs, having our middle and high school students help serve those groups.
Staff Team Collaborator
- 25% of your time will serve in contributing to church-wide initiatives and other pastoral duties (individual talents and giftings will factor into this time allotment). Those areas may include: teaching/preaching, worship, tech, care/outreach, young adult ministries, campus pastor duties, etc.
- Interface with other ministry leaders to serve the church in it’s mission and strategies.
What We Are Looking For:
We believe the successful applicant will have a breadth of education, experience, and skills that demonstrate the capability and willingness to believe big, paint the picture, and motivate others to act. We are committed to finding someone with a genuine passion for ministry and a servant’s heart. Resume and supporting materials should demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited university program (required).
- A proven track record of significant and effective ministry leadership, preferably within an organization serving 500+
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Significant experience as a collaborative leader who is quick to empower and encourage staff and leadership.
- Love for the outdoors and know-how to utilize/leverage the outdoors for ministry impact.
- A clear, engaging, and inspirational communication style.
- Authenticity and transparency as evidenced in personal life and vocational history.
- The ability and willingness to handle conflict with grace, candor, and humility.
- An understanding and agreement with the statement of faith, mission, and core values embraced by Tahoe Forest Church.
- A leadership style that is characterized as visionary and entrepreneurial as evidenced through previous experience.
- Effective and consistent communication with leaders, volunteers, parents, and staff regarding ministry goals, events, needs, and outcomes.
- Important Adjectives: Motivated, outcome driven, entrepreneurial-minded, builder, creator, relational, teachable, humble
To apply, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume/Cover Letter
- Three references
- A link to video teaching
- Social Media link (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube channel, etc.)
- Known Myers-Briggs, Spiritual Gifts, StrengthsFinder, and/or DISC profiles (if you don’t have these, we will administer the tests before consideration).